Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My life in a small French town

Time really flies when u're on exchange (it's shit slow when u're in SMU). Well, I'm left with my last exam this term and have just abt half a month left in Rouen before I bid this place goodbye.



All in all, it's been really fun and a nice getaway from the buzz of Singapore. Even though much of life is spent in the halls of and my room in the Ango hostel. I kinda like the room actually, mb more than my own one back home..


All you worry about here is what to eat for dinner, and u spend half ur life cooking.. and then after dinner sometimes u drink and u make merry, play some cards and lotsa serial watching online haha.. the basic hall life that all SMU students are so deprived of. The occassional parties and events. A day trip out to the coast of Normandy (which btw, is even more French - slowslowslow n quiet).



The ever-screaming (but funny) Thai girls, the buncha Hongkong/Chinese friends n roommate, the ohmo-ing Korean and Korean-in-training, a couple of Japanese, couple more Russians, Canadians of confused origins, some fun Mexicanas and ppl here and there make up the Rouen experience.



And it's not that I don't want to venture out but there's kinda nothing much except a few drinking places in town. Shops close for lunch and on Sundays too, so u get the lazy French picture. But the cathedrals are nice. haha.



Yet, it's still lovely to walk in the winter cold and now that spring's coming, flowers of pink and yellow are starting to bloom too. As much as I'd complained about coming to a small town like this.. Manz, I'm gonna miss this place (and esp the ppl) when I finally leave and start travelling.

Oh and notice I didn't really talk about school? That's coz ESC Rouen is soooo slack, there's hardly any work to do and don't even get me started on the exam standards. It's all good for the French, and 100+ exchange students here though. = ) Not complaining.

More Rouen pics here.

No comments: